I love to play volleyball!

I love to play volleyball!

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The benefits of paid leave for children are real,majority of research says.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/29/health/paid-leave-benefits-to-children-research/index.html?eref=rss_health
                           Taking a paid parental leave is as important as taking a vacation.From the article,I have learnt that the are both short and long term benefits,and all economic benefits involved in paid parental leaves.However,I found out the that the United States is that country that does not give paid parental leave.All I sat down wondering was why?Paid parental leave I think is very important both for moms and dads.One of the benefits is that the child get to be with her mom and they both can spend time together which creates a bond between them.With dads,a paid leave is equally important as it gives the dad time to take his child out to the park and have a father-child moment together as this helps the child know her dad better too.Secondly,I learnt that breast feeding is also a benefit to the child as she is gonna be protected from the risk of contracting so many diseases.Also it keeps mom safe from diseases like cancer and others when they breast feed.In my own opinion i equally think taking a paid parental leave can reduce the rate of depression in a country because i think the woman deserves to rest for a while before maybe going back to work.Thus,to conclude I think is very important and the United States companies and organisations should look forward in give paid parental leave to its workers.

2 comments:

  1. good article Zillah that is the question I asked my husband before why in United States parents did not take a paid parental leave like others countries? I think USA should work very hard on that issue because it has so many great benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting topic Zillah , I wish African leaders could implement it to their systems

    ReplyDelete