I love to play volleyball!

I love to play volleyball!

Friday, February 12, 2016

Zika virus

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/12/health/zika-olympics-threat/ 
         
    The Zika virus is a viral infection caused by  mosquito bite. Many have been affected and many others are dying too. The virus is gradually spreading to different countries such as Colombia, and El Salvador. Brazil has the most cases of infected persons and with its outbreak,there is a doubt that the Olympics might not hold.With the outbreak of this virus, I think the Olympics in Brazil should be postponed or cancelled.I  say so because most people and travelers get engaged with different activities and in the cause of this,can either get it from someone or they can transmit it to another. Equally, due to the fact that this Zika virus has no medication or vaccines to cure or treat it,makes it worse as researchers and many companies are still working on the vaccines.My opinion concerning this situation is that this year the Olympics should be hosted by another country.This will therefore give scientists and researchers enough time to research and figure out exactly what vaccine and what medications to produce that will help fight the virus.Many people also think that since the virus is caused by mosquito bites,participants of the Olympics should take with them malaria medications to prevent the infection and also vaccinate themselves against yellow fever.That can help to a certain extend but i think since that is not the only virus affecting the Brazilian community,its might not work as the other viruses could equally be transmissible.As such,the Olympics to be be held at Rio in Brazil this 2016, should either be cancelled or moved to a different country so as to reduce the risk of transmission.Not only is the Zika  virus the only infectious disease in Brazil. There are other viruses that have been there,so with this,in my own opinion,the Olympics should be cancelled  and moved to another country.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Zillah I read your post about Zika Vivus. I had never heard about that epidemic before. You told about how the virus is transmit , but I still curious to know the manifestations of that disease. I also hope that the researcher will find the medications or the vaccine. Thanks for this post , I will keep it in my mind the Zika virus now I have an idea of what is this.

    ReplyDelete